United Arab Emirates
Key laws and policies
- UAE Federal Law No. 11/2008 concerning Licensing Fertility Centers
- Cabinet Decision 36/2009 (amends the above legislation)
- Reproductive and research cloning are prohibited.
- Surrogacy is prohibited.
- Donation of eggs, sperm, or embryos is prohibited.
Permitted and regulated practices
- ART is carried out on legally married couples.
- Relevant legislation can be found at http://www.elaws.gov.ae/EnLegislations.aspx (no direct link available).
- Adel Arafah, "Human Cloning, Research Banned in UAE," Khaleej Times (December 31, 2008).