Key laws and policies
- Act concerning measures for the purposes of Research or Treatment in connection with Fertilized Human Oocytes, Law No. 115 of (March 14 1991, amended April 1, 2005)
- In Vitro Fertilization Act (1998)
- Act on Ethics Review of Research Involving Humans, Law No. 460 (2003)
Any research which seeks to genetically modify the embryo and surrogacy are explicitly prohibited. 
Permitted and regulated practices
Research cloning is permitted and regulated.
Providing egg is allowed, both for reproduction and for research, but it is unclear what if compensation is permitted.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine, "[http://www.fertstert.org/issues/contents?issue_key=S0015 -0282(07)X0176-6 IFFS Surveillance 07]," Fertility and Sterility (Vol. 87. No. 4, Suppl. 1, April 2007)
- Swedish Parliament OK Therapeutic Cloning Law, CellNEWS (February 3, 2005)
- Singapore Bioethics Advisory Committee, "Donation Of Human Eggs For Research: A Consultation Paper" (November 7, 2007)